Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"The King James Version Debate," by D.A. Carson

I finished the book, "The King James Version Debate," writen by D.A. Carson. It was a great book. It was the first of any of Carson's writings and I guarantee it will not be the last.

The book is a great help for anyone who is interested in the topic of the King James Version, people wanting to know a little bit about textual crtiticism, and for those who want to learn a little bit about translation. It was writen around thirty years ago, so it is a little behind the times however. For instance Carson's last chapter is a piece on transltion. In it he discusses the new translation called the NIV :) I learned some great things and would recomend it to anyone who is interested in that type of book.

I look forward to getting my hands on some more of Carson's work in the future.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

Essential Piper Trilogy

Followers

Highlands Ministries

Jason Short's Facebook profile