5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 "This, then, is how you should pray:
"'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.' NIV
- Compassion International and their ministry to the "poorest of the poor." Relieving the suffering of children and breaking the cycle of poverty in Jesus name. For many more children to be sponsored. All it takes is a little over $30 a month to support a child and bless their life. (I love the ministry of Compassion because they partner with the local church in these countries! When the children are blessed with support, they see it as coming from a Christian and through a Church and ultimately through the one who is building the Church.)
- Our Church Bethlehem Baptist. All the various needs which are many. Pray for the leadership to walk in holiness, for fathers in the church to lead their families, for the Word of God to bless those who hear it in the various ways they do, for souls to be saved, good discipleship, pray for the struggling marriages, the children, missionaries.
- Prayer for wisdom to walk in this world. To resist the devil and stand firm in the faith.
- Evangelism to be brought to the lost all over our country.
- God would put a stop to "American Christianity and raise up a "Biblical Christianity."
- The ending of Abortion
- That God would raise up voters to stop the homosexual marriage ruling in California. (Will be on the California ballet in November.)
- Pray for peace around the world and in Israel.
- Pray for those who are leaders in our country.