I read a sermon by Jonathan Edwards a while back and thought I would post some of the things I highlighted as I progressed through the sermon. Take some time to think these things through, it is indeed, well worth it!
- Speaking of James 4:14; "Time is so short, and the work which we have to do in it so great, that we have none of it to spare. The work which we have to do to prepare for eternity, must be done in time, or it never can be done; and it is found to be a work of great difficulty and labour, and therefore that for which time is the more requisite."
- "We ought to prize our time, and how careful we ought to be, that we loose none of it."
- "When you look back, and search, do you not find this past time of your lives in a great measure empty, having not been filled up with any good improvement? And if God, that hath given you your time, should now call to an account, what account would you give Him?"
- "If men would aright consider this, and keep it in mind, would they not improve their time otherwise than they do?"
- "You have need to improve every talent, advantage, and opportunity, to your utmost, while time lasts; for it will soon be said concerning you, according to the oath of the angel, in Rev. 10:5-6, And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by Him who liveth forever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, THAT THERE SHOULD BE TIME NO LONGER."