Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recent Reflections-

  • As I sit and ponder certain situations I find myself in these days, it does my heart good to remember the pleasurable hand of God in all of it. He does all things for the sake of His name, "The Chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever" or "The Chief end of man is to glorify God BY enjoying Him forever" (Thanks John).
  • At times I am extremely self centered. I find this happening during certain conversations at various and sundry times. I will, if I am not careful, always bring the conversation back to myself. The beauty of the good life is that others matter more and that I ought to "rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep." I challenge myself and make an effort to be interested in the lives of people I talk to, to be concerned, connected, thoughtful, to understand them, to be a channel of the love of God. The reality is, it is a big world and I am small. In the Christian life there is no room for selfish ambition and vain glory!
  • Interpersonal conflicts are inevitable. When we disagree with someone we should make it our aim to understand the concern of the other party. What is the root cause of this issue being dealt with. And what is their biggest concern. "Seek peace and pursue it."

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

Essential Piper Trilogy

Followers

Highlands Ministries

Jason Short's Facebook profile