Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bible Reading and the New Year

I strive to read through the Bible every year. A program well suited for such an endeavor is essential, without which, I dare say anyone would flounder to one degree or another! I have used various methods over the years, none are infallible, some are too hard, while others just don't seem to work well.
Personally, I think the best kind are not only the ones that get you through the Bible in a year, but get you through with a full daily diet from numerous portions of the scriptures. I first came across this type of program while a member of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis MN. During my time there, I was introduced to this church wide endeavor, to not only get the Word on a daily basis; but to get a full meal of the whole counsel of God!
The program is incredible. During the year, you begin in Genesis, Psalms, Matthew, and Acts. You have the Pentateuch, Poetry, Gospels, and the New Testament. Every month ends five days before the ending of the month so you can catch up, if need be. Some people elect to take Sunday off and finish at the end of the month, right on schedule.
The most beneficial thing about this for me is that I am more aware of the entire Bible because of this program.
As I progress through the years I am grounded in the Scriptures and I can personally testify that because of this program God has used it to protect me from false doctrine, and neglect of His Holy Word.
Here is a link to Bethlehem's site and information, Check it out here :
http://www.hopeingod.org/BibleReadingPlan.aspx

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

Essential Piper Trilogy

Followers

Highlands Ministries

Jason Short's Facebook profile