Friday, April 4, 2008

Meditation-"You will keep him in perfect peace , whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

Yesterday as I was mixing cement and doing footings for a deck I was meditating on this vesre, Isa 26:3, "You will keep him in perfect peace , whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

The housing market in Minneapolis Minnesota is down. I mean really down. They are saying that it isn't down as far as expected yet.

Housing market slump = no work. No work = no money. No money + another child, bills, basic necessities, and other "normal" things = a struggle not to trust in the Lord. A reason for despair.

God granted me much grace. In the midst of my pity party reminded me of this verse, again I will put it in front of your eyes, "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." I meditated on it for a long time. "You will keep him in perfect peace , whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

The context here is even better. The next verse says, "Trust in the LORD forever,
For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength." It is from the 26 chapter in Isaiah "A song of Salvation."

"You will keep him in perfect peace , whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

Essential Piper Trilogy

Followers

Highlands Ministries

Jason Short's Facebook profile