Monday, June 2, 2008

Loius Berkhof, "Manual of Christian Doctrine"


I just finished reading a strong portion of Louis Berkhof's book, "Manual of Christian Doctrine." It is a summarization of his larger work on systematic theology. It is very concise and amazingly covers a huge amount of theological information. I personally didn't find it too helpful nor did I enjoy it much. I wasn't too captivated by his teaching or his summaries. I did enjoy a few sections of the book: the chapter on Christ's work and the chapter on the covenants. I love Berkhof's "Systematic Theology," and his book "Principals of Biblical Interpretation." This book however, I won't be referencing in the future it was much too shallow and lacked any significant meat for me. I do believe it could be helpful for new believers and it sticks very closely to the reformed faith.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

Essential Piper Trilogy

Followers

Highlands Ministries

Jason Short's Facebook profile