Friday, February 12, 2010

Questions and Answers

"What Evidence do you have that you are right with God?"

I know I am right with God because I have found forgiveness through the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is evidenced through my obedience to the Word of God as I live my life on a day to day basis. Jesus said, "A bad tree can not bear good fruit and a good tree can not bear bad fruit." As I examine myself in light of the Word of God I have great assurance of my "being right" with God. Oosting says, "Too much attention to self is probably the number one reason many people are not at peace with God (pp. 7)." The true understanding of the gospel releases people from the bondage of slavery to the attention to themselves. It gives them a new heart and a longing for Him. Other evidence is my affection for and joy in God. The longer I am a Christian and the more I learn of my depravity and sinfulness the more of Him I yearn for.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

Essential Piper Trilogy

Followers

Highlands Ministries

Jason Short's Facebook profile