Thursday, June 24, 2010

Family Worship

I am attempting to pull my thoughts together here as I begin a small study on the biblical warrant for Family Worship.  I have been given the opportunity to lead a discussion during Sunday Morning in a few weeks and this is my topic of choice.  I have a few sources to draw from after I go through the Scriptures:

  1. The Westminster Confession edition I have carries with it a good and helpful charge for family worship in the back of the book.
  2. A book entitled, “The Case for Family Worship.”
  3. A sermon by George Whitefield.

My primary thoughts as I approach Scripture are:

  • The worship of God is to be done privately, familialy, and corporately.
  • It is the essence of a covenantal home, that is, the right and true worship of God at least one time daily.
  • Without it a generation who does not know the Lord is likely to arise. (Joshua-Judges).

Any other thoughts?  They are welcomed!

No comments:

Subscribe Now: standard

Essential Piper Trilogy

Followers

Highlands Ministries

Jason Short's Facebook profile