I am attempting to pull my thoughts together here as I begin a small study on the biblical warrant for Family Worship. I have been given the opportunity to lead a discussion during Sunday Morning in a few weeks and this is my topic of choice. I have a few sources to draw from after I go through the Scriptures:
- The Westminster Confession edition I have carries with it a good and helpful charge for family worship in the back of the book.
- A book entitled, “The Case for Family Worship.”
- A sermon by George Whitefield.
My primary thoughts as I approach Scripture are:
- The worship of God is to be done privately, familialy, and corporately.
- It is the essence of a covenantal home, that is, the right and true worship of God at least one time daily.
- Without it a generation who does not know the Lord is likely to arise. (Joshua-Judges).
Any other thoughts? They are welcomed!